The Essex Resort & Spa, uniquely situated in the heart of it all
With the majestic Green Mountains on one side and Lake Champlain on the other, we are the only Vermont resort offering the best of both worlds. Our staff is pleased to help you plan a day of exploring all that our region has to offer:
- On the Water Lake Champlain is just fifteen minutes away, offering year-round fun, including beaches, boat rentals, and ice fishing. Or rent a kayak and explore the numerous local rivers.
- Hiking & Biking Catch sight of peregrine falcons nesting on the high cliffs of the Long Trail, or head into Burlington for a lakeside ride on the seven-mile bike path.
- Snow Sports The Essex is less than an hour from several of the best mountains in the East, and were just down the road from cross-country bliss, snowmobile trails, and sled dog adventures.
- Guided Fly Fishing Excursions Join Green Mountain Troutfitters on an excursion to Vermonts lakes and streams, and enjoy some of New Englands best fly fishing.
- Green Mountain Harley-Davidson Rent a ride from our partners at Green-Mountain Harley Davidson, and tour Vermont, upstate New York, and Quebec.
- Shopping The adjacent Essex Shoppes and Cinemas offers world-class outlets and local retailers with a state-of-the-art movie theater. Burlingtons Church Street Marketplace is just a short drive away.
- Area Events From the Discover Jazz Festival to Mardi Gras to First Night, the area is always hopping.
- Area Attractions The Ben and Jerry's factory, Vermont Teddy Bear Company, and Shelburne Museum are just a few of the dozens of attractions a short drive away.
- Culinary hot spots Ben and Jerry's calls Vermont home, as does the "World's Best Cheddar Cheese" and the "World's Finest Chocolate".
- Horseback Riding and Sleigh Rides Several local stables are pleased to offer guided tours of the gorgeous Vermont landscape, or you can cuddle under a blanket for a ride through a winter wonderland.